Drum drying is a method used for drying out liquids from raw materials with a drying drum. In this process, the heated surface is the envelope of a rotating horizontal metal cylinder. The drum dryer consists of two large steel cylinders that turn toward each other and are heated from the inside by steam, which is achieved by passing heat through the hollow screws.
Able Engineering manufactures high-quality drum dryers for herbal extraction plants to dry herbal extract. In the drum-drying process, pureed raw ingredients dry at relatively low temperatures over rotating, high-capacity drums that produce sheets of drum-dried product. Then it mills the product into a finished flake or powder form. Modern drum drying techniques result in dried ingredients that reconstitute immediately and retain much of their original flavor, color, and nutritional value. Starches such as breakfast cereals, baby food, and instant mashed potatoes are other products where the drum drying process can be used to make them cold-water soluble. Able Engineering provides you with the best quality dryers like the Spray Dryer, Vacuum Tray Dryer (VTD), and Roto-Cone Vacuum Dryer (RCVD).
- Uniform application and maintaining uniform pressure across the drum lead to uniform drying across the materials.
- It operates in a continuous drying mode.
- It is easy to maintain and easy to clean.
- Highly suited to highly viscous, slurries, and pasty materials.
- Due to its shorter drying time, it is suitable for drying heat-sensitive materials.
- As compared to other drying systems, the drum dryer offers higher thermal efficiency due to the transfer of heat from within the drum to the outside drum, where the drying takes place.
- The components, such as pressure, rotation speed, applicator width, and others, can be adjusted individually.
- The kind of highly efficient, stable, and reliable heating and drying equipment.
- Large drying capacity.